- What exactly is Pilates?
Pilates is a physical fitness system developed in the early 20th century by Joseph Pilates in GermanRead More
- What are the benefits of Pilates?
With regular committed Pilates workouts you can expect to: Improve strength, flexibility and balance, one and build long, lean muscles without bulkRead More
- What age group is Pilates for?
- Pilates is for everyone, from young to old, sedentary to athletic. It is for people who are strong or weak, flexible or inflexible. Read More
- Do I need to be fit to begin Pilates?
There is no pre-requisite on your fitness level. You can begin Pilates classes anytime, at any fitness levelRead More
- Is Pilates on the reformer better than mat Pilates?
- Matwork and equipment complement each other in terms of function. The matwork by itself offers you a complete Pilates workout as most of the movements can be performed on the mat. Read More
- How do I begin a Pilates program?
- We recommend your first Pilates session be a private lesson or a duet with someone who is near your fitness level. Read More
- Is Pilates good for seniors?
- Supervised Pilates is often appropriate for senior fitness and is gaining popularity among senior citizens. Read More
- How often should I do Pilates?
- Two to three times a week is a great amount. Like any form of exercise, consistency is key, and it is helpful to not let too much time pass in order to remember the previous lesson and incorporate the information in your body. Read More
- What should I wear?
- Dress comfortably so that your movement is free, but try not to wear clothing that is TOO loose fitting. Read More
- Can I start with Pilates mat classes?
- Yes, you can start with Pilates mat classes, as long as you have a healthy, injury free body. If you have Injuries, we recommend that your first lesson be a private one. Read More